Saturday, March 1, 2014
Fitness expert has games for a 'trouble-free' playground http://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/2008/10/curt_hinson_photos_for_centerp.html
1. Recess Makes Kids Smarter
2. Yay for Recess: Pediatricians Say It’s as Important as Math or Reading
3. The 3 R’s? A Fourth Is Crucial, Too: Recess
4. The Role of Recess in Children’s Cognitive
Performance and School Adjustment
5. The True Loss of Recess
6. The importance of recess: What kids learn on the playground
7. Recess can reduce bullying and prepare kids to learn, research says
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 3/1/14: 1. 11 Underlying Assumptions Of Digital Literacy http://www.teachthought.com/technology/11-underlying-assumptions-of-digital-literacy/ ...
1. 11 Underlying Assumptions Of Digital Literacyhttp://www.teachthought.com/technology/11-underlying-assumptions-of-digital-literacy/
2. New Guidance: Tech and Protecting Student Data
3. Explain 3D - Machines and Systems Explained With 3D Animations
4. Learning, Teaching and Technology in Higher Education
5. Google Draw
6. 12 Most Electric Reasons I Love Kindle
7. 5 Tips for EdTech Entrepreneurs
1. We Need To Teach Kids How To Pay Attention
2. Director’s Blog: A Growth Chart for the Mind
3. Suit: Red Tape, Disability Stereotypes Mar Path To Driving
4. Another type of school choice
5. Attuned Classroom
6. Prenatal Exposure to Acetaminophen Correlated With Development of ADHD
7. Learning Attributes vs. Learning Disabilities
|Book of Kells: In the beginning was the Word...|
Book of Kellshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Kells
Here is a very interesting study of ancient musical instruments from Ireland.
Ancient Music Ireland
Love the irony of the BBC presenting an Irish music festival in Glasgow. The times they are a changin'. Fantastic music.
MzTeachuh: Next Week's Lesson Plans Tweets of the Day 3/1/14: When your blank lesson planner is staring you in the face. These links may help you develop plans for current events. T eaching Ab...
These links may help you develop plans for current events.Teaching About the Jordan Davis Murder Trial
How Not to Lose Another Jordan Davis
|A student eyes the Emancipation Proclamation as the President gave students from William R. Harper High School in Chicago a tour of the Oval Office,|
My Brother’s Keeper: A New White House Initiative to Empower Boys and Young Men of Color
Obama Starts Initiative for Young Black Men, Noting His Own Experience
These links are good resources to bring depth to your lesson planning:
Addressing Our Needs: Maslow Comes to Life for Educators and Studentshttp://www.edutopia.org/blog/addressing-our-needs-maslow-hierarchy-lori-desautels
Secrets of teachers who love their jobs: always be a learner
These links are fresh classroom incentives to give your class something to look forward to.BTW, singing is cheap entertainment.
Singing with Children
15 Free Music Activities and Lesson Plans for the Classroom
10 Art Games to Play in the Classroom
Ideas for Art Games for Class Rewards, Free Time or Lesson Wrap-up
Constructive Classroom Rewards: Promoting Good Habits
While Protecting Children’s Health
These links will help you keep organized (and safe):
Classroom Management: The Intervention Two-Step
5 Classroom Management Apps Every Teacher Needs to Know About
For if things really go south:
How to Stop a Fight
Effective Classroom Management Techniques
Friday, February 28, 2014
MzTeachuh: MzTeachuh's Top Posts of the Week 2/28/2014: Cheesy Jokes and Serious Thoughts for St. Patrick's Day http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2014/02/cheesy-jokes-and-serious-thoughts-for_2...
Cheesy Jokes and Serious Thoughts for St. Patrick's Day http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2014/02/cheesy-jokes-and-serious-thoughts-for_26.html
Special Needs of the Day 2/22/14
Teaching the Tough Stuff Tweets of the Day 2/24/14
Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 2/22/14
Here Comes The Sun (Happy Birthday, George)
Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 2/26/14
Black History Month: What Happens When You Help A Little Kid?
Black History Month: Speeches of MLK # 5
|I Have A Dream, Dr. Martin Luther King|
Thanks to our international audience. It is a privilege to serve you. USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Russia, India, Poland, Australia, China.
MzTeachuh: Life Too Fiberoptic? Take A Cafe Jazz Coffee Break...: Cinnam on Sp ice Mocha , anyone? Your Own Rhythm (Cafe Jazz Coffee) Acoustic Alchemy - Playing for The Time...
1. OK- Everybody! Share your best classroom games!
2. Engaging Classroom Games for All Grades
3. Fun Classroom Games for High School
4. Any suggestions for some fun games to play with a high school class?
5. Middle School Math Games
6. Classroom Games for Middle School Language Arts
7. Middle School Group Games
8. Middle School Group Games Activities
9. Great games for the elementary school classroom
10. Games in the Elementary Classroom
11. Five Easy Drama Games for the Early Elementary Classroom
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 2/28/14: 1. Tips to Build a Good Relationship With Your Child's Teacher http://www.ncld.org/students-disabilities/rti-parent-school-relati...
1. Tips to Build a Good Relationship With Your Child's Teacher
2. 5 Common Distractions for Kids With Focus Issues
3. Understanding your sensorimotor preferences
4. Building Resilience in Children With Challenges
5. What Counts as Homework?
6. Boy with Autism Forms Special Bond with a Sea Lion
7. 'Resting' autism brains still hum with activity
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 2/28/14: Kids saving the world--that's my kind of app 1. Apps That Challenge Kids to Solve Environmental Issues http://blogs.kqed.org/mind...
|Kids saving the world--that's my kind of app|
1. Apps That Challenge Kids to Solve Environmental Issues
2. Video: Assistive Technology and Learning Disabilities
3. Beyond Angry Birds, Five Apps That Test Your Physics Skills
4. Fifth-graders at St. James Elementary School apply math, science skills with electric car designs
5. How Literacy Is Changing In Schools Around The World
6. A Crash Course on The Odyssey
7. 12 Most Inspired Online Resources for Creative Juice
MzTeachuh: Kids Care, Teachers Grow Tweets of the Day 2/28/14...: 1. Tonight's homework, class: playing well with others http://www.sfgate.com/education/article/Tonight-s-homework-class-playing-wel...
1. Tonight's homework, class: playing well with others
Does Outdoor Play make Kids Smarter?
2. “Teaching Channel Presents” Now Showing on Public Television!
3. Passion-Based Learning Week 3: Creativity Loves Constraints
4. What Makes a Change Agent?
5. A Look Into Teenangers’ Complicated Online Lives
6. Stop freaking out, parents: Social media isn’t the problem
7. Rainy Day Fun — 7 Modern Art Projects for Kids
Does Outdoor Play make Kids Smarter?
Does Outdoor Play make Kids Smarter?
Thursday, February 27, 2014
MzTeachuh: Only A Teacher Knows Tweets of the Day 2/27/14: 1. You think you know what teachers do. Right? Wrong. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/02/22/you-think-yo...
1. You think you know what teachers do. Right? Wrong.
2. I Believe, a 5th grader speaks about the outdoors
3. 40 ‘Big Art’ Projects for Kids!
4. Classroom Management: The Intervention Two-Step
5. Alternatives to YouTube
6. Focus on Audience for Better PBL Results
7. Passion-Based Learning, Day 1: Probing Minecraft’s Appeal
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 2/27/14: 1. 10 Social Media Tips for Reaching World Language Learners http://www.edutopia.org/blog/social-media-for-world-languages-sarah-wike-l...
1. 10 Social Media Tips for Reaching World Language Learners
2. A Look Into Teenangers’ Complicated Online Lives
3. 40 STEM iPad Apps for Kids (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
4. Five-Minute Film Festival: 8 Interactive Video Tools for Engaging Learners
5. Mind the Gap
6. For Cash-Strapped Schools, Smart Ways to Spend Limited Tech Dollars
7. STEM Education Technology Trends: Evolving Classrooms
1. What Is Autism?
2. 12 Terms to Know If Your Child Struggles With Reading
3. Myths About ADHD and Learning Disabilities
4. How Can LD Affect a Family or Marriage?
5. Special Education Caselaw
6. Blindness and Vision Loss
7. Attention Deficit Disorder
MzTeachuh: Tranquil Afternoon--Art, Music and Maybe a Faun: 'North Woods' by Richard Kozlow, 1988. But I don't know if the woods in Michigan have mythological creatures or not. ...
1. Three Ways Student Data Can Inform Your Teaching
2. How A First Year Teacher Uses Data to Drive Instruction
3. One Teacher Talks About Using Data to Drive Instruction in the Classroom
4. By the Numbers - How Data Use Is Transforming the Classroom
5. Improving Teaching and Learning with Data-Based Decisions:
Asking the Right Questions and Acting on the Answers
6. Using Data to Plan Differentiated Instruction
7. 5 Innovative Ways to Differentiate Instruction as Witnessed During My Visit to the School of One
|'North Woods' by Richard Kozlow, 1988. But I don't know if the woods in Michigan have mythological creatures or not.|
'Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun' (complete), by Claude Debussy, with an animated graphical score.
I love this animation guy.
This is to honor the greatest, bravest faun of all times, Mr. Tumnus.
|Mr. Tumnus the Bold|
Yes, I'm trying to trick you into reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to your class. Or maybe they would like to popcorn read it.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 2/26/14: 1. Bigger Gains for Students Who Don’t Get Help Solving Problems http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2014/02/bigger-gains-for-students-wh...
MzTeachuh: Does My Child Have a Learning Disability?: http://www.ncld.org/ Each of these age divisions also has subtopics with very helpful information. Pre-K to Grade 2 Pre-ki...
Each of these age divisions also has subtopics with very helpful information.
Pre-K to Grade 2Pre-kindergarten through the second grade is a crucial time for parents and educators to recognize early warning signs of learning disabilities (LD). Features of LD may be hard to spot during this time, however, as children can mask their struggles by playing up strengths and hiding weaknesses. For more free early learning resources, please visit NCLD's Get Ready to Read! website.
Grades 3 to 8
During grades three through eight, children are no longer learning how to read, but rather are reading to learn. This is a major turning point in education—one that has big implications for children with reading-related learning disabilities, like dyslexia. Throughout this time, children are figuring out how they learn, and parents are figuring out how to support their child’s learning.
Grades 9 to 12 (High School)
Once high school comes around, it’s important that students know how to take charge of their learning disability (LD) and are able to articulate what they need in order to succeed. High school issues are tough enough—competition, planning for the future, and raging hormones, to name a few—which is why it's important that teens know how to deal with LD-related obstacles.
College & Adult
Living with a learning disability (LD) is no easy task. Throughout your life, your LD accompanies you everywhere—to the workplace, the supermarket, the bowling alley…it's always there. Adults need to understand how to manage their LD and the risks and advantages of disclosing their LD status in college, at work, and beyond.
Here are the NCLD links for the process of asking school professional to help identify a possible Learning Disability.
1. My child is struggling with school
2. Now my child has been identified with a Learning Disability--what now?
3. How do I ensure my child's success?
1. Bigger Gains for Students Who Don’t Get Help Solving Problems
2. Purpose Games - Create Online Review Games
3. TECH RULES POSTER COLLECTION
4. This is Google's Project Tango
5. Revisiting if Educational Technology Is Worth the Hype
6. Tech Projects That Support Big Ideas
7. How to Share Resources
All Grades / All Subjects / Tch Teams
MzTeachuh: Let's Read and Tell Riddles Outside Tweets of the ...: 1. Nurturing Literacy: Tips and Resources For Developing Lifelong Readers http://www.edutopia.org/blog/nurturing-readers-resources-to...