Saturday, August 31, 2013
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 8/31/13: Most kids have so many projects, they're on the whole stairway! 1. Dyslexia Insights From Ben Foss, Dyslexic Author http://www....
|Most kids have so many projects, they're on the whole stairway!|
1. Dyslexia Insights From Ben Foss, Dyslexic Author
2. A Year’s Worth of Social Cognition Activities at Your Fingertips!
3. Ritalin reaction
4. How to Talk to Your Extended Family About Your Child's LD
5. More Links Seen Between Autism and ADHD
7. Tips for Teens on Getting Organized
MzTeachuh: All Students: All Achievers Tweets of the Day 8/31...: 1. More Blogs on Back to School http://www.edutopia.org/blogs/tag/back-school?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campa...
1. More Blogs on Back to School
2. Back to School, Back to Reality
3. Get Answers on the Common Core!
4. Nielsen Survey: How Students Prefer To Use Tablets In Schools
5. The iPad Oath: 10 Rules For iPad Use In The Classroom
6. Ten Tips for Engaging Underperforming Students
7. Debunking the Genius Myth
Friday, August 30, 2013
MzTeachuh: MzTeachuh's Top Posts of the Week 8/30/13: My Kid is So Disorganized http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-kid-is-so-disorganized.html Special Needs Weekly Update 8/25/13...
My Kid is So Disorganized
Special Needs Weekly Update 8/25/13
Kids' Health Issues and Marijuana
Special Needs Tweets of the Day 8/28/13
Counseling and Supervision; Supervision and Counseling
Special Needs Tweets of the Day 8/24/13
Teaching to the Universal Student Tweets of the Day 8/25/13
Nature Is Essential for Development Tweets of the Day 8/27/13
Much appreciation to our international readership. It is a privilege to serve you. USA, Russia, Brazil, France, Canada, Spain, China, UK, Poland.
Wanderer moon smiling a faintly ironical smile
Poem In Your Pocket
When Lilacs Bloom'd...
[love is more thicker than forget]
How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways
Casey At The Bat
American Life in Poetry 10/22/12
Edgar Allan Poe
The Rainy Day: Longfellow's Poem of Comfort
National Poetry Day--and Prosaic Tweets, Too Tweets of the Day 10/4/12
Poem Sampler of Jewish Faith--For the Holidays
life doesn't frighten me
Happy Birthday, Walt Whitman
La Guitarra, The Guitar
Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
The Cosmos in a Cosmos
Five Poems to Soothe Kids' Toxic Stress
Poetry: Whoa, Dude!
Chillaxin' With My Right Brain
Two Poems for Ramadan
Langston Hughes Speak to Us About Mothers' Day
Best Simile Ever: like a fragment of angry candy e. e. cummings
|Many parents teach their kids pre-reading skills.|
1. How to Raise a Child: 10 Rules from Susan Sontag
2. FAMILY LITERACY PROJECT
Phonemic Awareness Activities for 4-5-6 Year Olds
4. Video: What Is a 504 Plan?
5. THE FLOOR: Phonemic Awareness Games to Play
6. Phonemic Awareness ActivitiesHere are some activities that will help you extend phonemic awareness concepts and skills.
Thursday, August 29, 2013
MzTeachuh: Learning Through Fun and Failure Tweets of the Day...: 1. The Role of Mistakes in the Classroom http://www.edutopia.org/blog/benefits-mistakes-classroom-alina-tugend?utm_source=facebook&...
1. The Role of Mistakes in the Classroom
2. 50 Years After March On Washington, John Lewis Still Fights
3. Why First-Year STEM Girls Attend Women's Colleges
4. Dyslexia in the Classroom
5. My Child Is Struggling With Learning
6. Illicit Drugs And Mental Illness Take A Huge Global Toll
7. Yay for Recess: Pediatricians Say It’s as Important as Math or Reading http://healthland.time.com/2012/12/31/yay-for-recess-pediatricians-say-its-as-important-as-math-or-reading/#ixzz2dOIbwa00
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 8/30/13: http://pawsitivesolutions.org/ 1. Pawsitive Autism Service Dogs http://fox40.com/2013/08/27/about-pawsitive-autism-service-dog...
1. Pawsitive Autism Service Dogs
2. Fun activities socialise autistic kids3. Dyslexia in the Classroom
4. My Child Is Struggling With Learning
5. Illicit Drugs And Mental Illness Take A Huge Global Tollhttp://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/08/28/216524066/illicit-drugs-and-mental-illness-take-a-huge-global-toll
6. Delaware organization matches people with autism and tech jobs
7. Eight Videos That Explain What Dyslexia Is Like
1. Astonomy for Kids
What will you see in the sky tonight? Free sky tool!
2. Get outdoors exploring!
3. Different kind of tweeting.
The Great Backyard Bird Count is for kids!
4.Fabulous Fall Activities: Get Outside and Enjoy Nature
|My kind of bird watching.|
7.. Are you a joiner? How about the Junior Audobon Society?
MzTeachuh: "MzTeachuh's Soup for All Seasons" ebook only 99c: http://www.amazon.com/MzTeachuhs-Soup-Seasons-Family-ebook/dp/B00EUF51UK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377731110&sr=1-1&am...
Lots of great soup recipes and kids' activities.
|A tiger shakes dry after a swim in an outstanding submission to the 2012 National Geographic Photo Contest. See more of our editors' picks and don't forget to submit your photo: http://on.natgeo.com/PKrRAk|
Shake it off! Like water off a tiger's back.
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 8/29/31: 1. Be a voice for those who have no voice. http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1441644043303616609#editor/target=post;postID=165859...
1. Be a voice for those who have no voice.
2. Dyslexia Insight #2: The Best Way to Start a Conversation About Dyslexia
3. Four Important Steps to Take Before a Formal Evaluation
4. Setting Our Kids Up for Success
5. Special Education Testing Standards May Soon Be Tightened
6. Mother says autism intolerance more common than people think
7. Entrepreneur helps young dyslexics get their firms off the ground
MzTeachuh: Teaching? Full-Time? 24/7 More Like It Tweets of t...: 1. The Real Number Of Hours Teachers Work In One Eye-Opening Graphic http://www.upworthy.com/the-real-number-of-hours-teachers-work-i...
2. 10 Conditions For Achieving Success With Blended Learning
3. The Top Ten Coolest Schools
4. Science, Math, and Fan Fiction: What’s Worth Learning?
5. Two Roads to Innovation
6. ELA Common Core Resources for Elementary Educators
7. Linking Real-World Science to Schools
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
|Olive Trees, Van Gogh|
I think Vincent might have liked this music.
Klidný večer * Peaceful Evening (Original Music)
MzTeachuh: Teachable Moment: Hispanic Heritage Month 9/15-10/...: HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH September 15 - October 15, 2013 http://www.hispanicheritagemonth.org/ Hispanic Heritage Month 2013: Sept....
HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
September 15 - October 15, 2013
Hispanic Heritage Month 2013: Sept. 15 - Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month 2013 Recommended Reading List
|Sebastien De La Cruz|
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sergio Romo
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sebastien Del La Cruz
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sebastien De La CruzHispanic Heritage Month: Sebastien De La Cruz http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2013/08/hispanic-heritage-month-sebastien-de-la.html
Hispanic Heritage Month: Cesar Chavez
Hispanic Heritage Month: Jose Hernandez of California
Hispanic Heritage Month: Pele
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sonia Sotomayor
Hispanic Heritage Month: Jose Feliciano
|Bartolome de las Casas|
Hispanic Heritage Month: Bartolomé de las Casas
Hispanic Heritage Month: Gloria Estefan
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sandra Cisneros
Hispanic Heritage Month: Roberto Clemente
Hispanic Heritage Month: Hilda Solis
MzTeachuh: Hispanic Heritage Month: Sebastien De La Cruz: Sebastien singing the national anthem at the NBA finals in Texas. Sebastien, considered 'charro del orro...the voice of gold,' ...
|Sebastien singing the national anthem at the NBA finals in Texas.|
Sebastien, considered 'charro del orro...the voice of gold,' was invited to sing the national anthem for the NBA games in San Antonio, Texas, which is his birthplace and hometown. It was a meaningful and spectacular performance--both times. He was invited back to sing when the twittersphere lit up with racist type comments because of Sebastien's tradition Mexican mariachi costume. Folks from California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and probably Colorado wouldn't find the elaborate clothing a surprise or bothersome due to the hispanic connections of southwest history. But, sadly, some make use of public forums to demonstrate not only ignorance but intolerance. The boy responded with grace and dignity.
Sebastien, who at the time was only eleven years old, was invited to sing again. His rendition of the national anthem was even more beautiful, if possible. Personally, I've never heard anyone, not even Whitney Houston, sing it better.
Spurs’ Singer Sebastien De La Cruz ‘Overjoyed’ to Be Asked Back
10 Year Old Sebastien De La Cruz Sings National Anthem @ Game 3
Sebastien De La Cruz Sings National Anthem @ Game 4 of NBA Final
2. 12 Ways to Help Your Child Build Self-Confidence
3. How Can We Strengthen Children's Self-Esteem?
4. Self-esteem - feeling good about yourself