Saturday, December 1, 2012
MzTeachuh: Making Kids Leaders Tweets of the Day 12/01/12: God, kids, go! 1. At Brooklyn Free School, A Movement Reborn With Liberty And No Testing For All http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...
|God, kids, go!|
1. At Brooklyn Free School, A Movement Reborn With Liberty And No Testing For All
2. We Speak Different Languages
4. Top 10 Holiday Learning Activities
5. Connected: Literacy for Generation Z
|Reading Rockets Rules!|
6. Connected: Literacy for Generation Z
7. What Is Working Memory and Why Does It Matter?
8. School Testing In U.S. Costs $1.7 Billion, But That May Not Be Enough: Report
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Taking Time For Art--In All Subjects: Math instructor teaching tesselations. 1. Teaching Math With Art Helps Children Remember Key Concepts http://www.teacher-support-forc...
|Math instructor teaching tesselations.|
1. Teaching Math With Art Helps Children Remember Key Concepts
2. Art & Science: A Curriculum for K-12 Teachers
3. Teaching Science Through Art: Longitudinal Nature Observations/ 1st grade
4. Using the Arts to Support English Language Learners
Why and how to engage English language learners through the arts
5. Teaching Strategies for Writing through Art
6. Of Paint and Poetry: Strengthening Literacy Through Art
7. How to Use Art to Teach Social Studies
|Illustrated by kindergartener.|
Friday, November 30, 2012
MzTeachuh: Checking Up On Progress Tweets of the Day 11/30/12...: There, they're and their? 1. Grammar and Writing- Bring Back the Basics! http://theeducatorsroom.com/2012/11/grammar-and-writing-bri...
|There, they're and their?|
1. Grammar and Writing- Bring Back the Basics!
2. Picky Eater? Encouraging Flexible Thinking through Taste
3. Tech Tools, Blended Learning and More: ITM’s MindShift Moment
4. What's So Bad About Bribing Your Child?
5. Autism Awareness is not enough…http://tips4specialkids.com/2012/04/02/autism-awareness-is-not-enough/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TipsForSpecialNeedsKids+%28Tips+for+Special+Needs+Kids%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
6. HSE claims it lacks funds for teen’s specialist care
7. Model Apartment Helps Students Transition to Life
8. Texas School Tracking IDs Face Lawsuit Against 'Locator' Chips
|Mas esta música é a perfeição, você não concorda?|
Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Mas que nada (introduced by Eartha Kitt / Something Special 1967)
This music is perfection, don't you agree?
MzTeachuh: Executive Decisions Affecting Education Tweets of ...: 1. Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...
1. Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average
2. Stuck Indoors: Stay Active on a Rainy Day
3. Microsoft big says stop doing 1:1 technology programs
4. John Barry, Former Superintendent Of The Year, To Step Down As Head Of Aurora Public Schools
5. LAUSD 'Teacher Jails' Fill With Hundreds Of Educators As Misconduct Complaints Rise
6. Soda Ban In Texas Public Schools Reintroduced By State Rep. Carol Alvarado
7. Lawmakers Look into Federal Response to Rising Rates of Autism
8. The Common Core State Standards: What Do They Say About Fluency?
1. A Simple, Effective Homework Plan For Teachers: Part 1
2. Collecting Homework
Tips and Ideas for Collecting Homework
3. Collecting Student Homework
4. Teaching approaches: checking-homework Challenge
5. How to Assign Homework for Great Results
6. Basic strategies for assigning homework
7. What research says about the value of homework: At a glance
8. The Value of Homework: Is Homework an Important Tool for Learning in the Classroom?
Thursday, November 29, 2012
MzTeachuh: Success from Failure Tweets of the Day 11/29/12: Experiment involving dropping eggs without breaking them. Woops. 1. STEM Students Must Be Taught to Fail http://www.usnews.com/opinio...
|Experiment involving dropping eggs without breaking them. Woops.|
1. STEM Students Must Be Taught to Fail
2. Tips for including and supporting ESL students
3. Stuck Indoors: Stay Active on a Rainy Day
5. Books In Dallas And Vegas…Oh My!
6. Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories & Meditations for Kids
7. Classroom Management: Ten Tips for New Teachers
MzTeachuh: Fine Tuning Your Teaching and Parenting Tweets of...: A little Dad-approval goes a long way. 1. 10 Tips to Transition to Positive Parenting http://www.ahaparenting.com/_blog/Parenting_...
|A little Dad-approval goes a long way.|
1. 10 Tips to Transition to Positive Parenting
2. Where Should I Sit? Grouping in the
3. Choosing a Preschool: Simple Tips for Parents
4. Video: Adderall Abuse on the Rise Among College Students
5. Learnist: A Helpful Tool on the Road to Inquiry
6. Earn Facebook Time By Practicing Math
7. A thin line between soft or being firm in the classroom
8 .The Curriculum Map: How To Find Your Way Through Lesson Planning
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Creating A Living Classroom: Teaching Secrets: Arranging Optimal Classroom Seating http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2012/07/31/tln_merz_seats.html Bulletin ...
Teaching Secrets: Arranging Optimal Classroom Seating
Easy, Effective Way to Display Student Work in the Classroom
|I'm so curious as to who they are.|
Displaying Student Work
An opportunity for student-teacher collaboration
The Teacher Report: 7 Creative Approaches to Classroom Seating
Teaching As Leadership Classroom Jobs
The Clutter-Free Classroom
Creating a Classroom Community
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
MzTeachuh: Details For Education Tweets of the Day 11/28/12: Sounds like a contract I once signed. 1. Cheating, Lying And Stealing Among High School Students Is On The Decline For First Time In 10...
|Sounds like a contract I once signed.|
1. Cheating, Lying And Stealing Among High School Students Is On The Decline For First Time In 10 Years: Survey
2. Developing Fluent Readers http://www.readingrockets.org/article/27176/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Hootsuite&utm_campaign=RRSocialMedia
3. Learning Disabilities: What They Are, and Are Not
4. Rick Scott Wants Florida Colleges To Offer $10,000 Bachelor's Degrees (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
5. New hospital in 2017 will be ‘too late’ for today’s sick children
6. Groups seek to create fund for children7. How Organized is Your Child?
1. Effective Room Arrangement
2. The Effectiveness of Teacher Proximity as an Initial Technique of Helping Pupils Control Their Behavior.
3. Quick & Effective Teaching Strategies: Proximity Control
4. Proximity & Modality
5. Suggested Classroom Interventions For Children With ADD & Learning Disabilities
6. How to Use Proximity to Manage the Classroom
7. Proximity and Mobility
|Proximity to help during guided practice!|
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
MzTeachuh: Playing To The Positive Tweets of the Day 11/27/12...: 1. Resources and Downloads for College and Career Readiness http://www.edutopia.org/stw-college-career-resources?utm_source=faceboo...
1. Resources and Downloads for College and Career Readiness
2. “They held onto those books like little treasures.”
3. Favorite Games for Fun and Learning
4. Civic Education: A Forgotten Subject in the World of High Stakes Testing
5. Physics in the Hands of a Seven-Year-Old
6. High School Graduation Rates By State: U.S. Department Of Education Releases First-Ever National Data
7. 7 Things You Don't Know About A Special Needs Parent
Science Is Awesomehttps://www.facebook.com/ScienceIsSeriouslyAwesome
Marie Curie, the French-Polish physicist and chemist famous for her pioneering research on radioactivity. She remains the only person to ever receive two Nobel prizes in two separate sciences.
|La Combe II Ellsworth Kelly|
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
MzTeachuh: Many Roads For Success Tweets of the Day 11/27/12: 1. 400 Books for 100 Low Literate Adults in the U.S. http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/adult-literacy-books/ 2. ADHD: The Diff...
1. 400 Books for 100 Low Literate Adults in the U.S.
2. ADHD: The Difference between Diagnosis and How it Manifests
3. Video: Dyslexia: A Landmark Case
4. Going Retro: Reading Apps for Real Books
5. LAUSD Not A Race To The Top 2012 Finalist, John Deasy Reacts: 'We're Not A Finalist? I'm Shocked'
6. Screening, Diagnosing, and Progress Monitoring for Fluency: The Details
7. Why Do Parents Home School?
|Homeschooling Aspergers child.|
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Making Sure You Have Their Attention: 1. Keeping Kids Focused A Few Tips From the Pros on Maximizing Class Attention http://www.youthlearn.or...
1. Keeping Kids Focused
A Few Tips From the Pros on Maximizing Class Attention
2. How to Keep Kids Engaged in Class
3. 25 Ways to Obtain Children's Attention in a School Setting
4. Teaching tips: How to gain kids' attention
5. Gaining Attention
6. Top 10 Ways to Wake-up Students in Class
7. 50 Actions that Will Grab Your Students’ Attention
|Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me.|
Monday, November 26, 2012
MzTeachuh: Cheesy Jokes and Serious Thoughts About Christmas: What has four legs, a red nose and flies? Rudolf the Red-Nosed Roadkill. What is Frosty's favorite dinner? Spaghetti and...
What has four legs, a red nose and flies? Rudolf the Red-Nosed Roadkill.
What is Frosty's favorite dinner?
Spaghetti and snowballs.
Where doe Santa keep his red suit? In his Santa Clauset.
Earl I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.
Why does Santa use reindeer to pull his sleigh?
Because the elephants kept crashing through the roof.
What is the best Christmas carol in the Twilight movies?
I'm Dreaming of a Bite Christmas.
What has a red suit, a white beard and rows of razor sharp teeth? Santa Jaws.
What would you call your wedding anniversary if it was December 25th?
A Marry Christmas.
Who had a beard, webbed feet and wrote "A Christmas Carol?"
What do you call being caught in a chimney with a fat man?
What happened when the family cat swallowed some tinsel?
He needed a tinselectomy.
Anna partridge in a pear tree.
What is Santa's favorite American state?
Question: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Where does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
In the dictionary.
This is for English teachers.
Q: What do you call Santa's Helpers?
A: Subordinate Clauses
What is the snowman’s breakfast?
Answer: Frosted flakes!
How do snowmen greet each other?
Answer : Ice to meet you!