Saturday, November 24, 2012
MzTeachuh: Has Education Improved With the Technology? Tweet...: 1. How Has The Internet Changed Ed ucation? http://edudemic.com/2012/11/how-has-the-internet-changed-education/ 2. What is As...
2. What is Assistive Technology?
3. Autism in the Workplace
4. What is Assistive Technology?
5. TV Episode 4: Common Core State Standards
7. Tackling Truancy, Suspensions, and Stress
2. Plan Classroom Discussions at Least as Carefully as Lectures
3. Leading Scintillating, Stimulating,
Substantive Class Discussions
4. 7 Ways to Use Questions and Manage Class Discussion
|This is what I think.|
5. Conversation Questions for the ESL/EFL Classroom
6. Engaging Students Using Discussions
7. Talking to Think: Why Children Need Philosophical Discussion
Friday, November 23, 2012
MzTeachuh: Are Learning Styles Real? Tweets of the Day 11/23/...: The simplified version. 1. Do Students Really Have Different Learning Styles? http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2012/04/do-students-hav...
|The simplified version.|
1. Do Students Really Have Different Learning Styles?
2. Strategies for Addressing LD Identification Issues
3. 5 More Quick Tips to Deal with Inappropriate Acting Out Behaviour
4. Shifting the Classroom, One Step at a Time
5. The Teacher’s Guide To Successful Technology Integration
6. Self Regulation and Reading
7. The New Teacher Bootcamp: Who Do You Listen to In the Building?
1. Good Read: What’s Different About the New Generation of College Students
2. Teacher Raises Earlier In Career Correlates To Better Student Performance: Study
3. A New Kind of Problem: The Common Core Math Standards
4. Books by Theme
Native American Stories
5. The Stoplight Method: An End-of-Lesson Assessment
All Grades, All Subjects, Exit Slips
6. School Bullying Often Victimizes Children With Intelligence Or Talent, Survey Finds
7. From The Classroom to Home– Effective Strategies for Communicating With Parents
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Being Thrilled Over A Pencil Sharpener...: The following articles are n't news. We teachers are real suckers. 1. Public School Teachers Spend Billions of Their Own Funds on Stud...
The following articles aren't news. We teachers are real suckers.
1. Public School Teachers Spend Billions of Their Own Funds on Student Needs
2. Teachers Spend Own Money for Supplies
3. With tight school budgets, teachers pay out-of-pocket for supplies
4. Teachers Spend Own Money On Necessity Items For Their Students: Report (SLIDESHOW)
5. Do you feel obligated to buy school supplies with your own money?
6. Teachers Discount
7. Teacher Discount Supply
8. Michael's--Teacher take 15% off every day
9. NEA Tax Credit for teachers spending money on their class
Thursday, November 22, 2012
I'm proud to say that's true.
MzTeachuh: Teacher Apps, Travel Apps, E Cards for Readers and...: 1. Youth Radio Wins National Arts Award, Honored At White House By Michelle Obama (PHOTOS) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/...
1. Youth Radio Wins National Arts Award, Honored At White House By Michelle Obama (PHOTOS)
2. E-Cards for Readers
Set Up Your E-Card
3. Autism Safety Project
4. Test Cheating: Former Philadelphia Principal Saliya Cruz Details Destructive Impact
|Must be on the way to Grandma's; everyone's so fresh and cheerful.|
5. For Holiday Travel, Apps to Keep Kids Busy
6. Protest held over disability payments
7. Mobile Learning: 6 Apps and Web Tools for Middle School Students
1. Greta's Game Station
2. MATH LAND
3. 10 simple activities to encourage physical
activity in the classroom
4. Classroom Activities
2. MATH LAND
3. 10 simple activities to encourage physical
activity in the classroom
4. Classroom Activities
5. Activity Ideas for Middle School Students
6. Games We Can Play in Middle School
7. Kagan Professional Development
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
1. 36 Interesting Ways to Get To Know Your Class
2. Traci's 19th List of Ten:
Ten Narrative Writing Prompts
Grade Levels: 3 - 5
4. All-About-You Activities
Teachers can also get feedback from kids concerning their personal favorites, current events, and hopes and dreams and do a class comparison. This activity can be connected to just about every discipline. It is also a good break from the hard-core core curriculum.
5. Gathering Feedback from Students
Giving students a choice--and you can notice and acknowledge that choice. You learn more about the kid, and the child feels validated that you noticed.
|You can learn a lot about a child by their choices.|
6. Liven Up Your Lessons by Giving Students Choices
7. Giving Students a Say May Spur Engagement and Achievement
MzTeachuh: The World Is Our Classroom Tweets of the Morning 1...: http://collaborationwithoutboundaries.edublogs.org/category/melody-watson/ 1. 5 Ways to Inspire Students Through Global Collaboration ...
1. 5 Ways to Inspire Students Through Global Collaboration
2. Easing into Thanksgiving
3. Want to Meet One of My Heroines?
4. Reading Like a Historian: Contextualization (Uncut)Grades 9-12, History, Philosophy
5. 4 Overlooked Prewriting Features
6. Freedom on the Edge: Civic Education’s Role in Preserving Democracy
7. Head Start Programs Offer Benefits, Improve Child Well-Being And School Readiness: Report
MzTeachuh: Taking Care of Business Tweets of the Day 11/21/12...: Over the river and through the woods... 1. Long Car Trips and Kids with Autism http://parentcoachingforautism.com/2012/11/long-car-t...
|Over the river and through the woods...|
1. Long Car Trips and Kids with Autism
2. Just 7 Minutes a Day...
3. Indiana School Voucher Program Enrollment More Than Doubled In Second Year http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/indiana-school-voucher-pr_n_2166293.html
4. Sheldon White, Arizona Teacher, Will Return To Classroom After Locking Students In Closet
5. By the Numbers: Childhood Poverty in the U.S.
6. 5 Things Your Students Think They Know About Thanksgiving
7. What are you thankful for?
This year, ProLiteracy is thankful for:
- Our strong network of member organizations that works tirelessly every day to transform the lives of adult learners.
- Our generous donors who help make each of those transformations possible.
- Our visionary co-founders, Frank C. Laubach, Ruth J. Colvin, and Robert S. Laubach, who pioneered adult literacy in the United States and abroad.
- Our dedicated staff and all of the literacy tutors, teachers, and adult learners around the country and around the world who live and breathe adult literacy every day. http://prolitthanksgiving.wordpress.com/
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
MzTeachuh: Homework? Good For You? Tweets of the Day 11/20/12...: 1. Homework Doesn't Improve Student Course Grades, But Could Boost Standardized Test Scores: Study http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...
1. Homework Doesn't Improve Student Course Grades, But Could Boost Standardized Test Scores: Study
2. Connected: Literacy for Generation Z
3. Big News From Mars? Rover Scientists Mum For Now
|How fun is that?|
4. Guest Post – Tips on Purchasing Toys for Children with Special Needs
5. Scott Walker Calls For Shift In Higher Education Funding Tying Dollars To Completion Rates
6. Idaho Online Course Graduation Requirement Repealed By State Board Of Education
7. No Child Left Behind Reauthorization Debate Likely To Continue In Obama Second Term
|How about hamsters and a little test prep?|
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Trying Everything To Get Through 11/20...: 1. Teaching and Learning Methods and Strategies http://www.ic.arizona.edu/ic/edtech/strategy.html#Col 2. Student-Centered Learning...
1. Teaching and Learning
Methods and Strategies
2. Student-Centered Learning Strategies for Math and Other Subjects
3. More ideas than you can count.
4. Teaching Strategies
5. Ideas from Scholastic
6. Teacher Reviewed Apps
7. Learning Games For Kids
Monday, November 19, 2012
MzTeachuh: Children Are Learners Tweets of the Day 11/19/12: 1. Firestorm Erupts Over Virginia's Education Goals http://www.npr.org/2012/11/12/163703499/firestorm-erupts-over-virginia-s-educat...
1. Firestorm Erupts Over Virginia's Education Goals
2. Deborah Bishop, Mississippi Teacher, Uses Thousands In Game Show Winnings To Treat Students, Create Scholarships
3. Steroids, Protein Powder See More Student Use As Teens Try To Bulk Up
4. Helping an Individual with ASD Learn to Accept and Cope with Change
5. Family Ties: Tips for a Stress-Reduced Holiday Season
6. Muscular Body Image Lures Boys Into Gym, and Obsession
7. Midwestern Public High School Principal Offers Insight Into Profession Via Reddit 'Ask Me Almost Anything'
8. Teenagers and Sensory Issues: Special Challenges for a Special Time
MzTeachuh: Self-Fulfilling Prophecies Tweets of the Morning 1...: 1. Children Are Not Born Bad, Stupid or Lazy http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2012/11/12/164968299/there-are-no-bad-lazy-stupid-chil...
1. Children Are Not Born Bad, Stupid or Lazy
|Wonder what they did to deserve this.|
2. What's So Bad About Bribing Your Child?
3. Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams Considers School Rating System Using Minority Progress
4. Is Autism a Disability or a Difference?
5. Shall We Debate? An Approach to Writing!
6. The Artful Winter :: Celebrating the Season & Holidays with Family Arts and Crafts
|Pilgrims, not Puritans.|
7. Events that Changed America
Sunday, November 18, 2012
|Art by Twila Carney Schoeppner|
The Spirit of Truth, The Message Bible
15-17 “If you love me, show it by doing what I’ve told you. I will talk to the Father, and he’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can’t take him in because it doesn’t have eyes to see him, doesn’t know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!18-20 “I will not leave you orphaned. I’m coming back. In just a little while the world will no longer see me, but you’re going to see me because I am alive and you’re about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I’m in my Father, and you’re in me, and I’m in you.
Alexander Scourby has the loveliest voice for interpreting the Bible.
Scourby Audio Bible Reading (John 14) KJV
MzTeachuh: For Kids' Well Being Tweets of the Day 11/18/12: I don't see "White Fang" in that stack! 1. The Current State Of Literacy In America http://edudemic.com/2012/11/the-current-state-o...
|I don't see "White Fang" in that stack!|
1. The Current State Of Literacy In America
2. Reading Strategies – By Kids, For Kids
4. Early Warning signs of Learning Disabilities
Pre-K to Grade 2Pre-kindergarten through the second grade is a crucial time for parents and educators to recognize early warning signs of learning disabilities (LD). Features of LD may be hard to spot during this time, however, as children can mask their struggles by playing up strengths and hiding weaknesses.
5. Understand and Process Anxiety with the Book “Just Like You”
6. Are Mom and Dad Drunk?
7. ESL / ELL Reading and Tutoring Project
|High school girls in Oakland, CAL, seeking colleges.|