Saturday, March 15, 2014
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 3/15/14: 1. Levels of key brain chemicals predict children’s reading ability http://news.yale.edu/2014/03/11/levels-key-brain-chemicals-predict-...
1. Levels of key brain chemicals predict children’s reading ability
2. Huffman, Van Hollen, McKinley, Walz, Gibson, Reichert Introduce Bipartisan IDEA Full Funding Act
3. Doctors Train to Spot Signs of A.D.H.D. in Children
4. What Musicians Can Tell Us About Dyslexia and the Brain
5. Navigating the Children's Special Needs System
6. Education Official Stresses Need for 'Results-Driven Accountability
7. Talking About Immunizations Positively and With Purpose
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 3/15/14: 1. 15 Tips For Facilitating Online Discussion http://www.edudemic.com/online-discussion-tips/ 2. Bee Bot Planet Challenge http:/...
1. 15 Tips For Facilitating Online Discussion
2. Bee Bot Planet Challenge
3. Should Handheld Devices for Kids Under 12 Be Banned?
4. This Week's Most Popular Posts on Free Technology for Teachers
5. Classalyze On its way to Make Data Tracking and Analysis Affordable
6. Cyberbullying Prevention in the Classroom
7. Why Students Don’t Take STEM Courses: No Easy A’s
|Ooh, color coded for the visual learner type teacher.|
This link will help you develop plans for current events.
Women's History Month: Six Lesson Plan Resources for Teachers
|I like Our Lady of Guadalupe in the middle.|
This link is good to bring depth to your lesson plans:Why It’s Imperative to Teach Students How to Question as the Ultimate Survival Skill
Lesson Plans and Resources for Math Test Prep.
My personal opinion after preparing students for the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam)--statistics seems neglected in test prep and there are always lots of questions in that discipline. Plus, as Not-really-a-math person (you can tell I love liberal arts), I can say that if there is an area of math I truly appreciate, it is statistics--not just analyzing data for teaching, but in examining our lives and our most interesting world. So there, I gave our math friends a sincere high five for improving our quality of life!
Using and Handling Data
Statistics, Data Management, Probability
These links will help you schedule less boring test prep from our comrades at the Teaching Channel.
Grades 6-8 / Math / Games
Math Team Challenge
Grades 6-12 / Math / Fun Competition
Using Personal Anecdotes to Improve Writing Skills
Grade 8 / ELA / Writing
Grade 7 / ELA / Writing
Kick Me: Making Vocabulary Interactive
Okay, it is time--time to get organized using technology. You can't avoid it any longer--and it is an effective way to communicate.
Let Tech Organize Your Teaching
25 Teaching Tools For The Digital Classroom
Strengthening Parent-Teacher Communication Through Technologyhttp://www.digitalpromise.org/strengthening-parent-teacher-communication-through-technology/
Teaching Is Analyzing the Datahttp://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaching-is-analyzing-data.html?spref=bl
|Baltimore by Palmer Hayden|
Detroit Jackson - Cookin' Boox
I realize this was on a commercial, but the music was so compelling that I actually watched the commercial to find the music on google. That's what google's for, right?
MzTeachuh: MzTeachuh's Top Posts of the Week 3/15/14: 1. Inquiry Based Learning AKA PBL (and the Common Core) Tweets of the Day 3/11/14 http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2014/03/inquiry-based-...
1. Inquiry Based Learning AKA PBL (and the Common Core) Tweets of the Day 3/11/14
2. The Irish!
3. Ed Tech and STEM Weekly Review 3/10/14
5. Good Morning, Spring, Time To Get Up
6. Teachable Moment: Danny Boy, The Soul of Melancholy, The Soul Of Ireland
7. Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 3/14/14
8. Special Needs Weekly Update 3/9/14
9. Got Tulpenfelder? Vincent Does.
10. Close Reading Tweets of the Day 3/10/14
11. Women's History Month: India's Mother भारत मा
Thank you to our international audience. It is a privilege to serve you. USA, Germany, Canada, France, China, India, UK, Poland, Ukraine, Indonesia.
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Giving Kids The Confidence To Try: 1. Study Skills & Test Preparation http://www.teachervision.fen.com/study-skills/skill-builder/6393.html 2. Prep...
1. Study Skills & Test Preparation
2. Preparing Your Child for Testing
3. Test Prep & Review Strategies for Grades 6-8
Help Students Prepare For and Take Tests of All Kinds
4. Test Preparation
5. Standardized Test Preparation
Prepare Your Students for "That Time of Year Again"GED® Test Prep Handbook Lesson Plans and Strategies
6. How to Prepare Your Elementary Student for Standardized Tests
Friday, March 14, 2014
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 3/14/14: 1. Building Rapport with Inclusion Students Requires Extra Steps http://www.middleweb.com/13930/building-rapport-with-inclusion-student...
1. Building Rapport with Inclusion Students Requires Extra Steps
2. Giftedness and Learning Disabilities
3. Classroom Behavior Management Checklist
4. Why Bother Giving Access to Curriculum for Students with Significant Disabilities?
5. For Tech Companies, Hiring Workers With Disabilities ‘Cool’
6. New York Times Shines Spotlight on 'Sheltered Employment'
7. Top Ten Methods to Foster IEP Team Collaborationhttp://www.specialeducationadvisor.com/top-ten-methods-to-foster-iep-team-collaboration/
Why Bother Giving Access To Curriculum For Students With Significant Disabilities? - See more at: http://www.thinkinclusive.us/why-bother-giving-access-to-curriculum-for-students-with-significant-disabilities/#sthash.UpysOsVW.r2QuxH3Q.dpuf
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Tweets of the Day 3/14/14: 1. The Case for Pi: Why We Shouldn't Always Teach Math in Absolutes http://www.edutopia.org/blog/case-for-pi-math-in-absolutes-jose...
MzTeachuh: Do 21st Century Schools Mean Bandwidth? Tweets of ...: 1. Why it’s so hard to get schools online in the digital age http://digital.hechingerreport.org/content/hard-get-schools-online-digital...
1. Why it’s so hard to get schools online in the digital age
2. A Teaching Moment: Harriet Tubman
3. Adding a Spring to Your Step: 4 Ways to Beat the Winter Blues
4. College Students of Color Reject Rosy Pictures of Diversity
5. Top 10 Reasons Why the Expansion of High-Quality Early Learning is Inevitable
6. K12 School Leaders Meet and Prepare for Next School Year
7. School success part of broader strategy to target urban poverty in Los Angeles Promise Zone
1. The Case for Pi: Why We Shouldn't Always Teach Math in Absolutes
2. Beyond the Ban: Revisiting In-School Internet Access
3. A Whimsical But Useful Way To Teach Basic Math
4. Does Your Classroom Have an Online Hub?
5. Assessing to the Core: Virtual Conference
6. The New App that Melds Goal Keeping with Social Good
7. Easy Collaborative diagrams on Google Drive
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Seeing The Happy 'I Got It' Face: 1. Helping Struggling Readers http://www.readingrockets.org/helping/ 2. 5 Fun Ways to Help Your Kids Learn Math Online ...
1. Helping Struggling Readers
2. 5 Fun Ways to Help Your Kids Learn Math Online
3. Teaching Reading to Teens with Learning Disabilities
4. Top 10 Skills for High-School Students
5. Helping Newcomer Students Succeed in Secondary Schools and Beyond
7. Helping kids learn to succeed
|You did it!|
8. Parental Involvement in School
Thursday, March 13, 2014
2. Plan Classroom Discussions at Least as Carefully as Lectures
3. Leading Scintillating, Stimulating,
Substantive Class Discussions
4. 7 Ways to Use Questions and Manage Class Discussion
|This is what I think.|
5. Conversation Questions for the ESL/EFL Classroom
6. Engaging Students Using Discussions
7. Talking to Think: Why Children Need Philosophical Discussion
|Tulip Field (Tulpenfelder) Van Gogh|
Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through The Tulips - YouTube
MzTeachuh: Ed Tech and STEM Q and A Tweets of the Day 3/13/14...: 1. EdTech, Student Privacy, Too Much Testing? Q&A With The Department Of Education http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanshapiro/2014/0...
MzTeachuh: I See That Hand In The Back...Special Needs Q and ...: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions about Special Education http://www.wrightslaw.com/faqs.htm Questions Often Asked b...
1. EdTech, Student Privacy, Too Much Testing? Q&A With The Department Of Education
2. Teachers Love EdTech, Why Don’t Use It?
3. Why does ed tech go horribly wrong?
4. Is there enough bandwidth in school districts?
5. When Can Technology Bridge the Educational Divide?6. Which Tablet Breaks Easier? Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom, or iPad 2?
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
about Special Education
Questions Often Asked by Parents about Special Education Services
Special Education Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Special Education Services
50 Questions About LD
MzTeachuh: Teachable Moment: Danny Boy, The Soul of Melanchol...: Danny Boy - Finbar Wright https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlzWRQ5e4qg Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling. From...