Saturday, September 14, 2013
Was looking for a sassy picture to go along with this music, but Wolfie's actual portrait was the best. BTW, you may want to watch or rewatch the film "Amadeus" sometimes. It's still awesome.
Music for when you know you're a genius but not that many other people will admit it.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart--Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
MzTeachuh: How To Improve Despite Funding Cuts Tweets of the ...: 1. Impact of Sequestration on Federal Education Programs - State-by-State http://www.nea.org/home/52610.htm ...
1. Impact of Sequestration on Federal Education Programs - State-by-State
2. Home-school parents question Common Core reach
3. $2 million grant competition promotes blended-learning schools in D.C.
4. Lonegan blasts Common Core education program championed by Christie
5. Badges and the Common Core
6. Seven Tips for Better Classroom Management
7. Reinventing School From the Ground Up For Inquiry Learning
1. Six Emerging Technologies in Education
2. Google Story Builder
3. How to Travel on Google Earth
4. Bill Gates and his thoughts on the CBS Show TEACH
5. Telling Tech Tales...What's the EdTech Story?
6. How To Screencast on an Apple Computer
7. Start The STEM Year Right With This Easy Solder Fume Fan
Friday, September 13, 2013
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 9/14/13: 1. Build Core Strength and Increase Focus with Therapeutic Horseback Riding http://special-ism.com/expert-sue-adams-reports-therapeutic...
1. Build Core Strength and Increase Focus with Therapeutic Horseback Riding
2. Court: Student Misidentified for Special Education Not Protected Under IDEA
3. Smarter Balanced Adopts Accessibility Rules for Common-Core Tests
4. Self-control Gone Wild?
6. Evidence Lacking On Transition Programs
7. Science vs. Pseudoscience
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is...Leading the Adventure to Middle Eart...: 1. The Hobbit FREE lesson plans and links Do you love Tolkien and The Hobbit? http://www.betsyanne.com/Hobbit_Links.h...
1. The Hobbit FREE lesson plans and links
Do you love Tolkien and The Hobbit?
|Hmm, where's Hobbiton?|
3. Welcome to Tolkien's Middle-earth
4. J. R. R. Tolkien
Lesson plans for The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings
5. Ideas for Teachers
6. Worksheets for The Hobbit
|I think we're in time for Hobbit Second Breakfast.|
7. The Hobbit Lesson Plans
Find teacher approved The Hobbit lesson plan ideas and activities
8. The Hobbit By J.R.R. Tolkien
9. Forecast: Smaugy
|The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug released to theatres 12/13/13|
1. Google Apps for Education
2. Why Schools Should Budget for Mobile Apps
3. Is STEM Critical To The Future Of Education?
4. A Technology Reading List: The Overlap Between Museum & Prison Design
5. Create Portfolios on Educlipper
6. Must Have Chrome Apps for the Classroom
7. A story about screencasting, maths and interactive whiteboards
MzTeachuh: MzTeachuh's Top Posts of the Week 9/13/13: Teachable Moment: Mid-Autumn Moon Festival http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2013/09/teachable-moment-moon-festival-last-day.html?spref=bl...
Teachable Moment: Mid-Autumn Moon Festival
Do You Mind? Tweets of the Day 9/13/13
Creating Your Own Sunset
Ed Tech Tweets of the Day 9/10/13
Messages to Ground Zero-Helping Kids Cope With Tragedy
Do We Need Higher Level Thinking? Tweets of the Day 9/9/13
Special Needs Advocates: Time for Action
Thanks to our international audience. It is a privilege to serve you. USA, France, Germany, Brazil, Canada, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland, Ukraine.
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 9/13/13: 1. Six Things You Might Not Know About IEPs http://www.specialneedsdigest.com/2013/09/six-things-you-might-not-know-about-ieps.html ...
1. Six Things You Might Not Know About IEPs
2. Tis’ the Season (IEP season)
3. Learning Disabled Students and Student Response Technology, Part 2
4. Do You Work with Children with Language Problems?
5. Beyond The Talk: What Else Autistic Girls Need to Know About Puberty
6. 10 Tips to Help Your Child Navigate Through the First Year of Middle School
7. Smart Kids with LD: Empowering Parents
Thursday, September 12, 2013
1. Why Teaching Mindfulness Benefits Students’ Learning
2. How We Can Teach Our Children Mindfulness
3. One For The Road: The 10 Best Travel Apps for Families On The Go
4. Sequester Hits Special Education Like ‘Ton of Bricks’
5. Discovering That Your 18-Month-Old Is Using an iPad in Pre-School
6. U.S. Government - Constitution Day Printable Activities
7. Why Jargon In Education Is A Good Thing
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Advocates: Time for Action: National Center for Learning Disabilities Did you know Congress is meeting again right now, deciding whether to cut even more from I...
Did you know Congress is meeting again right now, deciding whether to cut even more from IDEA funding (special education)?! Help us stop this. Sign up for legislative action alerts: http://bit.ly/18TF00v
Subscribe to NCLD's Legislative Update and Alerts
MzTeachuh: Tranquil Afternoon--Art, Music and Maybe a Faun: 'North Woods' by Richard Kozlow, 1988. But I don't know if the woods in Michigan have mythological creatures or not. &#...
|'North Woods' by Richard Kozlow, 1988. But I don't know if the woods in Michigan have mythological creatures or not.|
'Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun' (complete), by Claude Debussy, with an animated graphical score.
I love this animation guy.
This is to honor the greatest, bravest faun of all times, Mr. Tumnus.
|Mr. Tumnus the Bold|
Yes, I'm trying to trick you into reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to your class. Or maybe they would like to popcorn read it.
MzTeachuh: Books and Poems Everyone Should Read and Write: 1. California 10th Graders Improve Their Writing Skills—Through an Interactive Fiction Game http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2013/04/k-1...
1. California 10th Graders Improve Their Writing Skills—Through an Interactive Fiction Game
2. Primary Sources + Found Poetry = Celebrate Poetry Month
|How do I check out the front wall?|
3. Libraries and Authors
4. shakespeare online
5. Poetry Foundation Caroline Kennedy on Learning Poems by Heart
6. Popular High School Literature Books
7. Poems for High School Students
8. 7 Things That Will Doom Your Novel (& How to Avoid Them)
Quoth the raven, “whatevermore”!
This is the best youtube video I've ever seen, combining music with original visuals.
In Greek mythology, the Sirens were three sisters who played such enticing music that passing sailors would crash on the rocky shore pursuing them. Only Odysseus (from 'The Odyssey) and Jason (from 'Jason and the Argonauts) successfully resisted them.
Sirenes. Claude Debussy
|Well, kids, get up earlier. The early bird catches the breakfast.|
Here's some nice sunrise music.
Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite No.1 Morning
MzTeachuh: Teachable Moment: Mid-AutumnMoon Festival: Mid-Autumn Festivalhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival Moon Festival/Mid-Autumn Festival Don&...
Don't forget to check out the recipe for mooncakes!
Here is a folk story:The Legend of the Moon Festival
Here is a link to Lin Yi's lanterns.
The Moon Festival - Mid-Autumn Festival
The moon festival is a different way to celebrate the Mid-Autumn harvest moon.
Activity: Vietnamese Moon Festival: Paper Lantern & Moon Cakes
|Dragons make me bite my nails.|
MzTeachuh: Special Needs Tweets of the Day 9/12/13: 1. 50 Must-See Blogs For Special Education Teachers http://www.edudemic.com/2012/08/special-ed-blogs-updated/ 2. Thinking About t...
2. Thinking About the Age Old Question: “How Was School Today?”
3. Self-Advocacy Navigates Life
4. self-advoccyCreating Instructional "Programs"
5. 40 Inspiring Blogs Every Special Education Teacher Should Read
6. MediCal-Funded ABA Pursued by Advocates
7. Feds Invest $10 Million Into Research for Severe Learning Disabilities
1. 12 Most Provocative Google Plus Posts About Design and Creativity
2. Video in the Classroom: Equipment Checklist
3. Communication: It’s Not Just Newsletters Anymore
4. This is not the answer to cyberbullying
5. Labster: Virtual Labs for Biology and Life Sciences Teachers
6. Creating ebooks
7. Digital Storytelling & Young Learners
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
MzTeachuh: Choosing to Excel Tweets of the Day 9/12/13: 1. Good Read: How Will Robot Tutors Change What Happens in Classrooms? http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/jp/good-read-how-will-robot-...
1. Good Read: How Will Robot Tutors Change What Happens in Classrooms?
2. Doing it Differently: Tips for Teaching Vocabulary
3. Creative Commons Resources for Classroom Teachers
4. Sequester Hits Special Education Like ‘Ton of Bricks’
5. Fierce Fashion Tips for Teachers on a Budget
For First Day of School, Julianne Moore Brings Books to Kids at Harlem Daycare Center - See more at: http://blog.firstbook.org/2013/09/10/julianne-moore-brings-books-to-kids-at-harlem-daycare-center/#sthash.FXp87tUX.dpuf
6. For Teachers
7. Fact Sheet About the Benefits of Arts Education for Children
Hope you all are reading The Hobbit aloud with a class or a family member--Smaug is next on the agenda of the three Hobbit films. And we want to compare our imagination's production values with Peter Jackson's in December 2013 when this installment comes out. We have an extremely rare opportunity to read excellent fiction that really moves along adventurously and then see it in a film of extraordinary caliber. I would say, 'Carpe Diem' (seize the day) but rather I will say, 'Comprehenderent libro' (seize the book.)
The Hobbit 2 Trailer 2013 The Desolation of Smaug - Official Movie T
MzTeachuh: Relaxing in Monet's Garden with Debussy: Giverny Garden, Monet Here we are with the two Claudes, taking a moment to pause in beauty. ...
Giverny Garden, Monet
Here we are with the two Claudes, taking a moment to pause in beauty.
Reverie - Claude Debussy
|How To Heal A Broken Heart, Madeline Jordache|
And Jesus said, 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, and proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.' Luke 4:1
Here are old-time Gospel songs. 'The Healer of Broken Hearts,' was sung at my mother's memorial service, as well as 'Sheltered in the Arms of God.'
The Downings - The Broken Vessel-The Healer of Broken Hearts
Dottie Rambo - Sheltered In The Arms Of God
Ms. Pierson passed away this year. I appreciate very much what she shared in this talk, especially how her mom was a role model of effective, caring teaching. There is a high cost to teach well; not only do teachers spent a part of their pay for supplies and sometimes the kids' basic needs, but our minds are filled with problem-solving for lesson plans, activities, school policy, and kids' needs--24/7. I think we should also be paid a consulting fee for all the networking and research we do in our 'spare' time.
Some teachers help kids because their heart dictates it; some teachers help kids because it is a moral necessity. Or maybe to keep a teaching position. Whatever the motive, we help kids. Here is information as a starting point for one of our young friends' most basic needs--social and emotional growth and development.
Why Every Student Needs a Teacher Champion
Rita Pierson: Every kid needs a champion
Taking a Relationship-Centered Approach to Education
Social and Emotional Learning
Social and Emotional Learning: What is it? How can we use it to help our children?
Social and Emotional Learning Gaining New Traction Under Common Core
MzTeachuh: Messages to Ground Zero-Helping Kids Cope With Tra...: Messages to Ground Zero: Children Respond to September 11, 2001 http://www.heinemann.com/shared/onlineresources/e00514/e00514.pdf Me...
Messages to Ground Zero
All Grades, ELA, Engagement