Saturday, November 10, 2012
MzTeachuh: It's Malala Day and other Tweets of the Day 11/10/...: Yes, honey, you do. 1 . 'Malala Day' marked in Pakistan, amid security fears http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/10/1506...
|Yes, honey, you do.|
1. 'Malala Day' marked in Pakistan, amid security fears
2. Make Leaf Rubbing Animals
3. Audubon Adventure: Record the Natural Worldhttp://www.education.com/activity/article/audubon-adventure-record-nature/?cid=50.202
4. Autism research chair will look at bullying
5. The Secret Power of Teaching
6. What is Autism?7. End-of-Day Procedure: Reflect & Connect
Grades 3-5, All Subjects, Routine
|New kind of bowling Naturally Learning https://www.facebook.com/NaturallyLearning|
MzTeachuh: You Have Brains In Your Head! Tweets of the Day 11...: 1. School Lunches From Around The World http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/school-lunches-from-aroun_n_2100142.html 2. ...
1. School Lunches From Around The World http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/school-lunches-from-aroun_n_2100142.html
2. Watchful Pedagogy: The Power of Observation as a Data-Collection Tool
3. Health and Wellness
4. Now E-Textbooks Can Report Back on Students’ Reading Habits
5. Five Reasons Why Teaching Is Still Great
6. Five-Minute Film Festival: Color Theory
7. The Under-Responsive Side of SPD, Part 1
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Making A Kid Feel Uniquely Important T...: 1. How Can Teachers Foster Self-Esteem in Children? Teachers play an important role in nurturing a student's sense of dignity and se...
1. How Can Teachers Foster Self-Esteem in Children?
Teachers play an important role in nurturing a student's sense of dignity and self-worth.
2. Incorporating Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
3. Social Emotional Learning
In the classroom, social skills come first. Keep kids on track with these ideas.
4. Social and Emotional Learning: What is it? How can we use it to help our children?
5. Core Strategy: Social and
6. Why Champion Social and Emotional Learning?It's not enough to simply fill students' brains with facts. Educators must also help children develop the skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts nonviolently, and make responsible decisions.
7. Build Self-Esteem in Children
- Subject: Social/Emotional Health
Friday, November 9, 2012
MzTeachuh: Thanks, Reading Rockets for A Great Seasonal Readi...: Coming on Home Soon Thank you again , Reading Rockets. Great books for Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. Balloons Over Broadwa...
Coming on Home Soon
|Balloons Over Broadway|
1. Books by theme: Remembering and Giving Thanks
|Biscuit is Thanksfull|
|Splat Says Thank You|
A Little Peace
2. Challenging behaviour in children with an ASD
3. Julian Castro: Pre-K 4 SA Passage Shows Belief In Education, Opportunity For Future Prosperity
4. Colman Chadam, California Boy Ordered To Transfer Schools For Carrying Cystic Fibrosis Gene, Goes Back To Class
5. How MIT Approaches Innovation In Education Technology
6. Why Kids Should Learn Cursive (and Math Facts, and Word Roots)
7. Challenging behaviour in children with an ASD
8. Julian Castro: Pre-K 4 SA Passage Shows Belief In Education, Opportunity For Future Prosperity
9. Encouraging Picky Eaters with Autism to Try New Foods
10. Educare Preschools Aim to Close Academic Gapshttp://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2012/07/11educare_ep.h32.html?tkn=ZPUFH8Rq79i8cGgX7cLe5I5%2FVmJ1ageQ9aC6&cmp=clp-edweek&utm_source=ReadingRockets.org&utm_medium=Twitter
MzTeachuh: Kids Are So Smart Tweets of the Day 11/9/12: 1. Good Read: New Report Shows How Kids Negotiate Online Social Media http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/jp/good-read-new-report-shows-h...
1. Good Read: New Report Shows How Kids Negotiate Online Social Media
2. Brain Findings Suggest Improvement for Young Children With Autism
3. A video interview with
4. High School In The Community, New Haven Turnaround School, Votes In Election To Overturn Dress Code, District Balks
5. Autism Spectrum Disorders Family Workshop Series at the Child Study Center, 2012-13
6. Parent Teacher Partnerships Provide the Best Literacy Opportunities
7. Research-Based Practices for Engaging Students in STEM Learning
|So, teachers, let's get organized for some projects.|
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Oh, where shall we begin?
10 Best Educational Websites for Kids (that are free!)
|I just can't choose.|
MzTeachuh: Teachers' Roles Tweets of the Day 11/8/12: Me, too. 1. National Family Literacy Month: Time to Bring Back Reading as a Family http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elianne-ramos/nation...
2. What Hurricane Sandy is Teaching Us About Students Under Stress
3. Hyperactivity, Insomnia and Behavior Problems, It’s What’s For Dinner
4. More on Turning Schools Around
5. Vote For Your Favorite Book!
6. Voters in Portland, Ore., Say Yes to New Arts Education Tax
7. The Immeasurable and Enduring Role of Teachers
8. Fairfax Teachers In Virginia Struggle With New Evaluations, Express Plans To 'Cheat'
9. D.C. Schools' Education Reforms Improving Teacher Retention, But With Caveats, Report Says
|Check out First Books|
MzTeachuh: Learning About Learning Tweets of the Day 11/8/12: Don't forget to stop and smell the chocolate. 1. Reading Like a Historian: Focus Questions Grades 9-12, History, Inquiry https://...
|Don't forget to stop and smell the chocolate.|
1. Reading Like a Historian: Focus Questions
Grades 9-12, History, Inquiry
2. Who is accountable at Coursera?
3. Obama's Reelection Is Opportunity For 4 More Years of Building On Education Policy
4. Harvard Wants to Know: How Does the Act of Making Shape Kids’ Brains?
|Still allowed to have a dream.|
5. Md. voters approve ‘Dream Act’ law
6. What Kids Should Know About Their Own Brains
7. Student Fights Bullying with Positivity
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Communicating With Parents Tweets of t...: 1. Tips for Parents: Parent Teacher Conferences http://www.thelearningcommunity.us/resources-by-format/tips-for-parents/parent-teacher...
1. Tips for Parents: Parent Teacher Conferences
2. Parent-Teacher Conference Tip Sheets for Principals, Teachers, and Parents
3. 10 Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
4. Parent-Teacher Conference: Tips for Parents
5. 12 Questions to Ask at Your Parent-Teacher Conference
6. Top Ten Questions to Ask at an IEP
7. The Best IEP Questions to Ask
|Great smile, teacher: warm, sincere, and look at all that info for the student.|
MzTeachuh: Keeping the School Doors Open Tweets of the Day 11...: School Room Door, Varanasi India, Art Nomad Sandra Hansen Here in California we w ant to keep the school doors open so much, we incr...
|School Room Door, Varanasi India, Art Nomad Sandra Hansen|
Here in California we want to keep the school doors open so much, we increased our own taxes.
1. Prop 30 Passes In California: Voters Support Gov. Jerry Brown's Tax Measure For Education Funding
2. Hurricane Sandy: Tips to Protect Against Illness
3. Making an Impact-How Influences Shaped My Teaching
5. Stand up for Comics for Critical Care
6. Teacher In Guangxi, China Promises To Wear Sexy French Maid Outfit If Students Raise Grades
7. Fair Isn’t Equal: Seven Classroom Tips
8. Singapore's 21st-Century Teaching Strategies (Education Everywhere Series)
9. Hurricane Sandy-Stricken Liberation Diploma Plus Alternative School In New York Gets A Happy Ending
|Going to school this week in Brooklyn, New York.|
|Planning for the next campaign.|
1. Education In The Election: How Americans Voted On Key State Funding Measures For Schools
2. Autism Friendly Film Screening of Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - at over 80 participating cinemas
3. Common Warning Signs of Dyslexia in Children in Grades 3-8
4. McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School Stops Serving Lunch To Punish Students For Food Fight
5. Observe Veterans Day with 10 Sensory Ideas
6. Dyslexia: It’s all about goals, goals, goals
7. Jobseekers with dyslexia: challenges and solutions
8. Giving Self-Advocacy A Place To Begin For Kids With Autism
9. $1.2 Billion Bond Issue For Miami-Dade Schools Approved By Voters
|California Governor Jerry Brown pro Prop 30--more taxes for education.|
10. California passes Prop 30 and votes to increase taxes for schools
MzTeachuh: Rethinking Dyslexia film Tweets of the Day 11/7/1...: http://thebigpicturemovie.com/ 1. Rethinking Dyslexia, the movie "Had I seen this movie when Dylan was functionally illiterate in 4t...
MzTeachuh: Teaching Is Leading The Adventure To Middle Earth ...: 1. The Hobbit FREE lesson plans and links Do you love Tolkien and The Hobbit? http://www.betsyanne.com/Hobbit_Links.htm ...
"Had I seen this movie when Dylan was functionally illiterate in 4th grade, I
would have been spared an extraordinary amount of anxiety about the future."
– James Redford, Director
2. What are the 3 Shifts in Common Core in ELA/Literacy ?
3. D.C. Public Schools Alerts Parents Whose Children Are Being Taught By Teachers Who Have Not Met 'Highly Qualified' Definition
4. Spark Year: The Kindergarten of Secondary Education: Jerry McDowell at TEDxMuskegon
5. Education Issues Underscore Election Stakes at All Levels
6. Teacher Absence Policies Revised Would Improve Student Achievement, Save School Districts Money: Report
|Hope no one feels this way.|