Saturday, May 4, 2013
MzTeachuh: Cinco de Mayo and other Tweets of the Day 5/4/13: Traditional Folklorico Dance in Old Town State Historic Park, San Diego 1. Mexico Activities for Kids (including Cinco de Mayo...
1. Mexico Activities for Kids (including Cinco de Mayo)
2. Honoring Hispanic Heritage on Cinco de Mayo
3. 14 Educational Websites Students Will Want to Visit
4. EdTech’s 2013 Must-Read IT Blogs Nominees
5. Dyslexia Ishttp://www.explore1in5.org/what-is-dyslexia/
6. 27 Ways To Be A 21st Century Teacher
7. Principal fires security guards to hire art teachers — and transforms elementary school
|This is just my way of apologizing for the typos I sometimes make. And me, an English major!|
Friday, May 3, 2013
MzTeachuh: MzTeachuh's Top Posts of the Week 5/3/13: Picasso MzTeachuh's Mother's Day Card http://mzteachuh.blogspot.com/2013/04/mzteachuhs-mothers-day-card.html Imaginativ...
MzTeachuh's Mother's Day Card
|Imaginative use of bubble wrap.|
Nothing But Spring Arts and Crafts
|Fun for All|
Ooo Oooo Child, Things Are Gonna Get Easier..
Teaching: You Gotta Have Heart Tweets of the Day 4/28/14
And How Does That Make You Feel? Tweets of the Day 5/1/13
My Avatar Wears a Toga and other Tweets of the Day 5/3/14
Thank you international readers. It is a privilege to serve you.USA, Russia, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Belarus, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia.
MzTeachuh: My Avatar Wears a Toga and other Tweets of the Day...: 1. A New Role for Avatars: Learning Languages http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2013/05/a-new-role-for-avatars-learning-languages/?utm_so...
1. A New Role for Avatars: Learning Languages
2. How to Raise a Moral, Responsible Child -- without Punishment
4. First Person: How Autism Has Affected Our Lives
5. Lyme Disease, Autism Link Debunked
6. Google Glass Might Pose the Biggest Challenge Public Education Has Seen Since Desegregation
7. Instruction of Metacognitive Strategies Enhances Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Achievement of Third-Grade Students
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Here are several recent blogs from Annie Murphy Paul. You may want to get an RSS feed for her blog.
New research on learning can help us all expand our intelligenceLearning is the master skill, the ability that allows us to realize our ambitions: succeeding in school, getting ahead at work, playing a sport or a musical instrument, speaking a second language. Yet until recently, even the experts didn’t understand how learning works. Now research in cognitive science, psychology and neuroscience is revealing the simple and surprising techniques that can help us learn to be smarter.
The Innate Ability To Learn
From The Brilliant Report: The Power of Affirming Your Values
The Reasons Why Students Go To College Matter
|Sleep is a beautiful thing.|
After The Lesson, Your Brain Keeps Processing What You’ve Learned
Classroom Laptop Users Distract Others As Well As Themselves
Are You Exploiting Your Environment, Or Exploring It?
|Time to hang a u-ey.|
From The Brilliant Report: How To Unlearn Mistaken Ideas
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
MzTeachuh: Learning the Eloquence of Language Tweets of the D...: 1. English Learners and 21st Century Literacy http://www.edutopia.org/blog/english-learners-twenty-first-century-learning?utm_source=...
1. English Learners and 21st Century Literacy
2. Slug Bug Math
3. Game Jam Your Classroom
4. 5 Rules for Working in a High Poverty Environment
5. MOOCs for Teachers: Coursera Offers Online Teacher Training Program
6. Guest Post: Autistic Traits in Children with ADHD: A Marker of Severity?
7. Top 12 Effective End of the Year Activities
8. Midsummer Night's Dreaming | Billy trailer | Royal Shakespeare Company
|Oh, dainty duck!|
THE BEATLES - THISBE & PYRAMUS
I truly don't know why this play always makes me really laugh--no matter who plays it.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
MzTeachuh: And How Does That Make You Feel? Tweets of the Day...: Ah, come here and give me a hug, you big lug. A digital one. 1. Social, Emotional Learning: Instructional Support Goes Online http://...
|Ah, come here and give me a hug, you big lug. A digital one.|
1. Social, Emotional Learning: Instructional Support Goes Online
2. What are you willing to tolerate?
3. From The Brilliant Report: The Power of Affirming Your Values
4. Suspension Rates 'Shock The Conscience,' Says Researcher
5. 14 Educational Websites Students Will Want to Visit This Summer
6. 20 Ways To Get Closer To Your Child Today
7. Examining Blended Learning Models: Student To Student Interactions
MzTeachuh: Ooo Oooo Child Things Are Gonna Get Easier..: Camp No Limits ...ooo ooo child, things will get brighter. Camp No Limits: The incredibly courageous children having just as much a...
|Camp No Limits|
...ooo ooo child, things will get brighter.
Camp No Limits: The incredibly courageous children having just as much adrenalin-fueled fun this summer despite the loss of their limbs
Giant Tissue Paper Flowers
|Tweet-tweet beedul-ly deep|
|Light showers forecast?|
Spring Arts and crafts ideas
Beautiful instead of a spring wreath...using a child size umbrella!
|I've got my eye(s) on you|
Grow A Grass Head Monster
Spring Arts and Crafts: Painting Cherry Blossoms Using Upcycled Materials
|Cherry Blossom Time|
Name Bugs – Cursive Handwriting Craft
|What's in a name? A bug, apparently.|
Bugs and Insect Craft
|Bee busy...bee happy.|
Bubble Wrap Bee Hive
|On Your mark, get set, slow!|
And here's a link for a few springtime chuckles:
Cheesy Jokes for the Garden (These May Bug You)
Crepe Paper Rose
Monday, April 29, 2013
1. The Benefits of Team Sports
2. I Caught My Child Looking at Porn -- What Do I Do?
3. What Happens When Students Are Simply Free To Learn?
4. A Must-Read Guide: Talking to Kids About Standardized Tests
Candy Factory - I Love Lucy
5. What "I Love Lucy" Can Teach Us about Executive Function
6. The Impact of Shakespeare on Teachers and Students
7. Making Melted Bead Suncatchers
MzTeachuh: The Community Advocate: Conserving and Recycling E...: In Apple Valley, CAL, being a drip is a good thing--at the Spring Conservation Fair! firstname.lastname@example.org Conserving and recycling...
|In Apple Valley, CAL, being a drip is a good thing--at the Spring Conservation Fair! email@example.com|
Conserving and recycling resources is not only a concern in SoCal's High Desert--where I live--but world-wide. This is a great event to educate the inhabitants of our town. Games and prizes, too, for young, old and canine.
|Do you know where your water is?|
The event was sponsored by Apple Valley Ranchos Water, one of the water companies in the area. Students from Apple Valley High School volunteered to help distribute free shopping bags and help the sign-in lady.
'Earth Day is every day,' this young man told me. This booth described the water cycle using a bracelet.
|She's got the whole world in her hands.|
Another kid's event was doubly recycle-oriented, teaching about water conservation and using bird seed in the balloon for the local flying inhabitants.
I don't think the balloons are recyclable. Got to figure that out for next year.
|Earth: our main squeeze.|
The Fire Department gives instruction in water safety this time of year in the elementary schools.
|Visible role models in our town.|
The lady at the table end is a public education specialist. Questions?
|High-paw from McGruff.|
There was a fingerprinting booth--not for arrests--but for kids' safety. And our dear friend McGruff
|McGuff greeting long-lost cousins.|
Several local businesses came with suggestions.
|Family business www.firemanwholesalenursery.com|
|Cowboy hat optional.|
plants and methods for the Southwestern US.
|I appreciated all the freebies.|
|Taking care of home hazardous waste.|
had excellent information of removal of household hazardous waste.
|Somebody say pizza?|
Here's another of my Mr. Bean perspectives; you can see I'm not the only 49ers fan in SoCal.