It is a privilege for me to communicate with the world each day. Wow, who would have thought this would be possible? And for me to have access to the best educators, new thoughts and innovations, and the optimism for our students worldwide. And participate with the problem-solving. What an amazing PLN!
The educational positives of 2014?
- More accessiblitly for poor students to the digital possibilities. Still a long way to go.
- Learning theory shows we can improve learning outcomes for everyone. As a teacher, I have always believed this, but now the research is undeniable.
- More educational emphasis educating the whole child through Social/Emotional Learning plus the Maker Movement and the Nature Movements.
- Inequities due to demagraphics are more clearly identified. Solutions need to absolutely follow. Free and Appropriate Education for ALL.
- Ed Tech is obsequious, but classroom management does not balance true efficacy of ed tech with the needs of child development.
- Latent obsessiveness over test scores have maintained sedentary classrooms where students do not have the chance to appropriately develop as a whole child.
- Minority and impoverished students still do not have educational equity, especially in the digital world.
- In 2015, every citizen is a photojournalist broadcasting and documenting the inequities, the achievements, the voice of the community. In education, we don't just listen to the 'Ivory Tower' experts anymore. This is healthy. We can all collaborate to benefit all our students.
- Ed Tech, Digital Access--everyone is working to get this to the entire student population; some work with a heart for the students, some see a great financial gain to be obtained.
- Differentiation will empower all students to develop their talents and interests and therefore benefit society.
|Best wishes from SoCal.|
Best wishes, my international PLN!
Melanie Link Taylor, M.Ed.
Google, through Blooger, provides me with stats on pageviews for hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly pageviews. In about a month, I will have had a million pageviews since I began MzTeachuh three years ago. As Paul McCartney would say, 'Baby, I'm amazed!'
Here is the list of international pageviews for 2014. Thank you. It is a privilege to serve you.